Thursday, September 5, 2013

"0 Sweet Lorraine"

What a beautiful Fall day today. Maybe not as crisp as it should
be yet but still lovely.  I started organizing my room, packing stuff
away in boxes when I came across a box heaped with cards and little notes &
letters.  A lot from my past, some that made me cry when I read words
I hadn't remember and maybe, some I didn't want too.  I laughed in my gut (I mean really laughed, from my sisters and Reagan mostly) 
some I had altogether forgotten and that old memory
came back fresh. 
I keep a little box full of notes written from Tony, I found it.
There are letters and poetry written from him to me on napkins, envelopes, torn paper and even graph paper. I recollected all of them, read and remembered....I could recall 
the details of these little notes.  What the day was like, where he gave them to me and why. 
How soon we forget sometimes.  Best thing about him is he lives in today. I
make it harder on myself and live in the future, always questioning always worrying. 
But like what dear Marila says to Anne while in her room at Green Gables
 "you cant change what God determines."
So why stress yourself? O I know, so you can feel like you had
something to do with the outcome.
ha-ha I'm already to old to be taught new tricks.
Today is almost gone and I'll wake up tomorrow morning thinking I cant
believe another day is here again
"It's not what the world holds for you, but what you bring to it." 
 I'm making the biggest effort to cherish
everyjuncture every occasion and uncomplicated moment.
When I watched this video it stole my heart. It's how we are and I hope it's how we will always be with one another. 
A 96 year old man whose wife of 75 years recently passed away writes a song for her. So touching. So beautiful. Please Watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment