Sunday, July 24, 2011

I always talk out loud to horses, and yes they answer me.

***
Every once in a while I get into my horse zone and I have to watch every movie I own with a horse involved.  Seabiscuit being the most cherished of course.  I found in a horse once what Red pollard found in Seabiscuit. You become inseparable with them, you become one. 
Most satisfying feeling is walking into a barn and being draped with that musty horse smell; cleaning, mucking or bathing horses is instant gratification that cant help but make me happy. 
Its hard to go from spending 9 plus years constantly around these resilient and intuitive creatures to hardly ever riding any more. Horses keep you honest, they are a mirror of who you really are. They are so loyal and loving and will often comfort you when you didn't even know you needed it.  I miss them.
***
"You know, everyone thought we found
this broken down horse and fixed him up.
but the truth is he fixed us.
 and in a way, we fixed each other too."
***
Ireland near the cliffs
***

No comments:

Post a Comment