Thursday, September 8, 2011

Theres only one option to NOT turning 30, that is death. I say, “Welcome 30!”

There are some things that you know - intellectually - are bound to happen to you, but you never really believe that they will. For me, turning 30 is one of them...
***
***
I'm already experiencing that fact that a
"30 year old body does not recover quite as quickly as a 29 year old body." 
It takes me forever to get use to saying a new age after another
Birthday goes whooshing by, just like a new year. 
When you finally get use to writing 2010 on your checks it's 2011. 
But the fact that i will no longer be 20 something is
going to be a little...distressing, no depressing different. 
See I'm not being negative, so this is a step. 
I'm slowly coming around to accepting it, like the signs of the crows-feet
marching across my face.
The thing is nothing really changes, ahhh personality wise. 
I'll still be vivacious, forceful, abstract and unyielding me. 
In my first 30 years I have definitely had the opertunity to Live a little,
I've been very blessed to have traveled and been exposed to a
lot of World and a lot of Wisdom. 
I have become a more sophisticated woman with more practicality and understanding. 
I have learned who my real friends are,
and though they are few, they are loyal, reliable, dependable and honest.
"No man is a failure who has friends" it's a Wonderful Life.
Ive noticed I'm feeling like the age 30 is my "Moment of Truth"
since certain realities are starting to take hold for me. 
In many ways, my hopes and dreams of my 20s never materialized (still trying to figure out what they really were) and it's hard to see if they ever will.
I notice theres not many people in the world that have the dream job,
and most people don't feel as if they are maximizing their full potential (this is me).
I guess things don't usually work out in life the way you thought and hoped they would.
Hey maybe things just turn out better...maybe?... 
I read a quote the other day "If your memories exceed your dreams, the end is near."
So I have made a birthday resolution. I will still be a dreamer, but a more realistic dreamer.
As a 30-year-old, I am now "worthy of leadership."
I can be wise and practical and not try to implement a hopeless fantasy scheme.
I am humble and broken-hearted enough
to know how to let go of something that will never be.
"At age 30, one receives strength."
This is the strength of character needed to pursue life's goals.
The 20s process of trial and error leads to a more secure decade of the 30s,
when a person is focused on true talents, goals, and genuine accomplishments.
The old cliche is true: "A jack-of-all-trades is a master of none." (except my brother Jake...LOVE U) 
The 20s are the training ground to become a jack-of-all-trades.
The 30s is the time to focus and master those talents that can be applied in a practical direction."
Even though I say this with a crooked smile and an unsteady quiver in my voice, I really am looking forward to the next 30 years of my life.  It's going to be so different and so wonderful.  This I really hope, wish and Pray. 

So I already made my wish, Happy Birthday to me.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Early Birthday, Bethdear! Your third decade on this planet is going to be amazing! We're just now getting to the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete