Tuesday, October 1, 2013

65 Years

My Grandmother Peggy met my Grandfather Frank
when she was only 17 years old.  She was walking her brother
home from school in Queens when she went by a stoop full
of good looking Tennis players when one spoke to her, My
Grandfather.  He played Tennis for Saint Johns University
and my Grandma was a model.  She posed for children's books
when she was younger and then did dresses and swim wear.
The war started and my Grandmother lied about her age and
they got married.  They were so beautiful.  Shortly after
their 50th Wedding Anniversary my Grandfather passes away.
My Grandmother is one of my hero's, a woman so humble and dear.
They made 8 beautiful children together and now my Grandmother
has 85 Great and Grand children. 
***



 elopement wedding day
 8 Smith Kids

Peggy have photos taken for a children's book


No comments:

Post a Comment