Wednesday, November 20, 2013

TCM Bonhams Auction

Maltese Falcon Statuette to Headline Bonhams and TCM's
"What Dreams Are Made Of: A Century of Movie Magic at Auction,
as Curated by Turner Classic Movies"Rare Cinematic Treasures to be Sold at Auction Nov. 25 in New York,
with Portion of Proceeds Going to The Film Foundation.
I have been a classic movie fan most of my life.
I watched the Maltese Falcon again last night since
it was playing on TCM.  I cant wait to go and sit in and see
these amazing artifacts that I grew up loving.
I've collected classic film postures starting before college.
it's hard to find authentic original's. I have the beautiful Brigadoon,
Darby O Geal and the little people,
Cheaper by the dozen, Road to Morocco and Easter Parade.
They mean so much to me, and it's amazing that these items are still around
because the studios back in the 20's,30's and 40's weren't concerned at all with
preserving  memorabilia from their films.  They used and reused not letting anything
go to waist. 
Please sign up at the Bonham's website so you can go and see and maybe
bid on these amazing artifacts of movie history.
***
Sabrina
US$ 800 - 1,200
£500 - 740

No comments:

Post a Comment