Tuesday, July 15, 2014

God will give you more then you can handle...

I came across a wonderful blog post by All our Lemmony Things,
that really helped me through a very difficult time in my life and still is.  
I printed the post off and I keep it with me.  

"Why did the Lord “trust me so much”?! 
Why did He think I could handle these kinds of trials?
You might be shrunken with sadness or drowning in debt. You might be overwhelmingly angry at someone or aching under the pressures of raising children or maybe the inability to have them. You might be dealing with a terminal disease and you still have young children. And chances are–you might need your Redeemer to find you on the path and take up that heavy cross you’re dragging. Besides, even he tells us that he’s more equipped to carry it, so why not hand it over?
I've come to learn–slowly but surely–why I need Him.
I suppose it’s because of pride that I always thought I could just do things on my own. I’m strong, I’d say. I’m a tough cookie. I can help others through their tribulations while carrying mine all by myself. Well…wasn't I wrong."


No comments:

Post a Comment