Wednesday, July 29, 2015

www.wolfefinearts.com

Last fall I walked up into my
"studio" and started to paint. I decided to set a large goal for myself, 
to create enough works of art to get into the Greenwich CT 
Art on the Avenue in May of this year.  I didn't think just started
to paint every day. I went down to part time and focused on becoming a painter.
 I would drive up to Bedford NY and CT
to the horse farms to shoot photos of horses.  Ha Ha yea, I did squeeze between 
a few fences to get a great shot or two.. Hmmm is that trespassing?
I wanted to paint horses. I love them so it was the natural subject
to pick. There were two rounds of selections for the Art on the Avenue and I was picked for both.  I was displayed at the top of the avenue for a month.  I was also picked 
for the Art Walk in Stamford CT and have a couple pieces in the 
C Parker Gallery in Greenwich.   It has been a summer filled with
fundraisers, gala's & polo clubs.  Learning how market yourself has been the hardest
part of all. I've had a couple pieces auction off for charity's that went
pretty well.  It's hard to part with them sometimes. God has blessed me with patience which has helped me with not wanting the instant gratification I once sought out. 
I am balanced in life, work and faith.  I'm so blessed with a wonderful support system here in NY & CT as well as back at home in Tryon.  
wolfefineart.com










No comments:

Post a Comment