Tuesday, March 8, 2011

***
Marching into March
***
Then one day warm wind starts blowing.
Long and black winters come to an end.
The hard snow melts and birds begin to whistle in their silvery voices.
Their songs are broken and uncertain.
 They are still in the cruel grip of fatal cold.
The change is always difficult and painful.
 This change from certain death into a new life has made them miserable.
 We welcome the new season which is full of joy,
 hope and life we are ready to forget the disastrous cold and snow storms.
D.H. Lawrence
***
Ive been waking up before my alarm clock lately and I know Spring is coming because i can hear all the little birds outside my window, along with a very loud woodpecker. 
Ive been wearing short sleeve shirts under my winter jacket thinking that maybe today will be the day it will go from 30 to 70 degrees in one big swoop.  Im so hopeful.
  I  found little buds sprouting out of the ground this past weekend, I cant wait for my kitchen counter to be covered in bouquets of daffodils.  Such a perfect and simple flower.  
***
***



1 comment:

  1. Ahh yes...the daffodils are in full bloom here! A trip to the hamptons huh? When shall we go? XOXO

    ReplyDelete