Friday, March 4, 2011

A Thought on Housewives

***
***
Because without housewives, there would be no next generation.
My mother was and is a housewife, I find that it's one of the most important link of any society and ultimately the country.
My Mother would have made an amazing career women,
but a home and family was something she wasn't going to sacrifice.
Being there to raise us and assuring our proper upbringing and education was imperative to both my parents. 
Some of the most Brilliant women I know have chosen to be housewives and this I assure you is a never ending 24 hour & 7 day a week job.
There is no retirement but there are constant rewards.

Quote from Mona Lisa's Smile:


Joan Brandwyn: Do you think I'll wake up one morning and regret not being a lawyer?
Katherine Watson: Yes, I'm afraid that you will.
Joan Brandwyn: Not as much as I'd regret not having a family, not being there to raise them. I know exactly what I'm doing and it doesn't make me any less smart. This must seem terrible to you.
Katherine Watson: I didn't say that.
Joan Brandwyn: Sure you did. You always do. You stand in class and tell us to look beyond the image, but you don't. To you a housewife is someone who sold her soul for a center hall colonial. She has no depth, no intellect, no interests. You're the one who said I could do anything I wanted. This is what I want.



   

***

No comments:

Post a Comment