Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rustic With a Dash of Sophistication

***

***
One of my most preferred and beloved resturants in NYC is SFOGLIA on Lexington and 92nd street. Sfoglia is owned by a husband-wife team of cooks who I think jumped into my head and pulled out every  idea dream I ever had, that is if im ever lucky enough to have my own place. The Short menue is perfection (Bigoli (a tubular pasta) with duck ragu, dried fava beans, cherries and grated pecorino), their approch to Italian cooking is far from drearily stereotypical.with less then 40/50 seats, and I love that they use dish towels as napkins, very Ina Garten.  
2007 Frank Bruni published a nice little bit in the NY Times about it. 
 "Sfoglia is great for lunch. One reason: light streams through its big picture windows, burnishing the gigantic bowls of vegetables and fruit that sit on or near its proudly mismatched tables. Another reason: you’ll never get in for dinner. Well, you’ll get in, but only if you plan a month ahead, and only if you’re O.K. with eating before 6:30 or after 9:30."
***
***
***
***


No comments:

Post a Comment